Did you know…
- Nearly half of traumatic eye injuries relate to ball sports
- 45% of these occur in children under the age of 14
- 90% of these are preventable
Polycarbonate is a lens material that is widely used for shatter-and-impact resistant lenses, and when combined with sturdy frame materials, makes for formidable eye protection.
There are hazards of sunlight and bright light that are harder to understand; namely, ultraviolet rays (UV) and Glare (extreme brightness). Protecting your eyes from these distracting, even dangerous elements is equally important to eye protection.
- Protecting Your Eyes From UV Rays: Read facts and watch a short video on UV rays.
- Protecting Your Eyes From Glare: Read facts and watch a short video about glare and anti-relective lenses.