Learn more about common eye surgeries:
- Corrective Eye Surgery Basics: Start here for an overview of the different types of surgery to correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism; and the merits and drawbacks of each.
- LASIK: It’s the most popular vision correction surgery, by far. Learn what to expect before, during and after the procedure.
- LASIK Risks and Complications: Complications from LASIK are few, but they do happen. It’s important to understand the risks, and how to minimize them.
- LASIK – How to Measure Success or Applicability: Successful LASIK surgeons get that way from experience and the ability to screen out poor candidates for the procedure. Here’s the list of what makes you a good candidate.
- PRK: An alternative to LASIK, PPK is a no-flap eye surgery. Learn about the advantages and disadvantages, as well as what to expect.
- Surgery for Presbyopia: A number of relatively new procedures are addressing the age-related decrease in ability to focus on near objects, that was once correctable only with bifocals.
- Corneal Inlays and Onlays: These small lenses or optical devices are inserted into the cornea to alter its shape and correct vision problems.
- Corneal Transplants: Sometimes because of disease or injury, the cornea becomes so damaged that problems cannot be corrected with eyeglasses, contacts, or refractive surgery such as LASIK.